- 1 tin Beluga Lentils
- 1/4 cup Yellow Lentils
- 1/4 cup Red Lentils
- 1 Onion sliced in quarters
- 2 small Tomatoes
- 1 cup Fresh Coriander
- 1 tbsp Ginger grated
- 2 dried Chilies
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Asafoetida you can substitute chopped garlic chives
- 3-4 tsp Kitchen King Masala
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- Cook yellow lentils in a pressure cooker until thoroughly cooked.
- Bring 2 cups water to boil in a pot. When water comes to boil add onions and tomatoes and cook till soft (5-6 minutes).
- Drain and add to a blender with fresh coriander and kitchen king masala. Blend to form a paste.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add ginger, cumin and dried chili. Stir for 1 minute and add the paste into the oil. Cook stirring for 5-6 minutes till the paste thickens.
- Add red lentils and 1 cup of water. Bring to boil and then let simmer with lid on for a few minutes till the lentils begin to soften but are not completely cooked.
- Add beluga lentils and yellow lentils and cook on a low flame till dal is cooked done.
- In a separate pan heat Coconut oil. When oil is hot add mustard seeds and red chilly powder. Immediately pour the oil over the dal and serve with a lemon