- 1 small Onion diced
- 1 medium Red Pepper chopped
- 1 small Green Pepper chopped
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 small Avocado sliced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes chopped
- 2 medium Fresh Corn
- 1 15 oz can White Beans rinsed and drained
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 1/4 cup Plant-based Milk
- 1 small Avocado
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 heaped tbsp Mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cayenne Pepper a pinch, optional
- Brush each of the ears of corn with a little oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a skillet or a grill (over medium heat) and add corn. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, rotating frequently, for a total of 10 minutes. Set aside to let cool, then carefully cut the kernels off of the cob.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: Add white beans, garlic cloves, plant-based milk, avocado, lime juice, mustard, sea salt + black pepper, and a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional) to a blender or food processor. Blend on high speed and scrape down the sides if needed until the dressing is completely smooth and creamy. Set aside. Add 1 cup of plant-based milk for a thicker dressing or 1 1/4 cups for a runnier dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped peppers, onion, tomatoes, black beans, avocado, and corn. Add some dressing (you will have leftovers for the next day) and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Add more salt/pepper/lime juice if needed.
- Garnish with fresh herbs (e.g. parsley) and serve immediately. Enjoy! Store leftover dressing in a container in the fridge for up to 3 days. It tastes great over pasta salad or potato salad or any other salad.
Visit https://www.elavegan.com to know more about Ela and her amazing recipes.