- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 inch Ginger peeled and minced
- 1 heaped tsp Curry Powder to taste
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 150 ml Coconut Milk
- a handful Fresh Coriander or cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Lime juiced
- 1 Vegetable Stock/Bouillon Cube
- 400 g Cooked Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 Carrot peeled and sliced
- 1 ripe & firm Mango peeled and diced
- 50 g Cashew Nuts
- Salt to taste
- 200 g Spinach or kale
To Serve (optional)
- Cooked Brown or White Rice
- Heat up the oil in a large pan and add the onion, garlic and ginger once hot.
- Fry for around 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the curry powder and turmeric fry for about a minute until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, coriander, lime juice, stock cube, chickpeas, carrot, mango, cashew nuts and salt, with enough water to roughly cover.
- Bring to the boil and simmer on low heat for around 10 minutes until the carrot is cooked through.
- Add the spinach and simmer for another few minutes until wilted.
- Leftovers keep well covered in the fridge for a few days, and can be frozen. Enjoy!