- 1 cup Cashews raw
- 1 cup Beets peeled and cut in half
- 8 oz Chickpea Pasta
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeas
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1-2 cups Baby Kale or spinach
- Add raw cashews to a small bowl, cover with water and soak overnight in the fridge. If you don’t have time to soak the raw cashews overnight, soak them while preparing the beets.
Prepare Beets (use one of the following options)
- Oven: Preheat oven to 375F / 190C. Wrap beets in foil and roast for 45 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Microwave: Wrap beets in parchment paper and place in a bowl with a tiny splash water. Cook on high for 10 minutes or until beets are tender. Set aside to cool.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Keep warm in pot while preparing cashew cheese sauce.
- Transfer cooked beets, drained cashews, water, nutritional yeast, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder and salt into a high powdered blender or food processor, and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Pour beetroot cashew cheese sauce over the cooked chickpea pasta, then add baby kale/spinach, and stir well to combine. Enjoy
- Make this recipe quicker by preparing the beets ahead of time. Cooked beets will keep in the fridge for a couple of days without any issues. Alternatively, you could use store bought roast beets!