- 1/2 cup Mung Beans use yellow split
- 1/2 cup Red Lentils
- 1 Red Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 inch Ginger grated
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 Jalapeno seeded and chopped finely
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Wash the mung beans and red lentils thoroughly and soak them for about 1 hour in hot water.
- Drain the water and put them into a processor along with the jalapeño, grated ginger, ground pepper and blend into a paste. Add just a couple of drops of water if your processor/blender needs help.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the chopped onions, salt, chopped cilantro and set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet (low-medium heat) and gently drop a spoonful of the lentil paste into the oil. You can use another spoon to push the paste into the hot oil gently.
- Cook them on low-medium heat until they turn golden.
- Make sure the oil is not too hot before you drop the paste into it or else, it will turn brown on the outside but the inside may remain uncooked.
- Serve piping hot with your favorite dip. We recommend a Cilantro-tomatillo dip!