- 225 g Carrot peeled and chopped
- 1-2 stalks Celery chopped
- 200 g Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 tbsp Oil
- 1 medium Onion diced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 5-6 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1-2 tsp Ground Lovage *optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 200 g Dry Pasta
- Fresh Herbs to garnish
Cashew Cannellini Cream
- 15 oz can White Cannellini Beans or any white beans; drained and rinsed
- 75 g Cashews soaked for 4 hrs or overnight and drained
- 1 1/2 cups Plant-based Milk
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Soak cashews for a couple of hours or boil them for 20 minutes in water until they are soft. Once the cashews are soft, transfer them to a blender, add the cannellini beans, the plant-based milk, lemon juice & salt and blend on high speed for about 2 minutes or until super smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, add the onion, all veggies and fry for about 4 minutes. Then add the garlic, the spices and fry for a further minute.
- Add in the veggie broth (I first used 5 cups but had to add another cup later). Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat.
- Now add the cashew-cannellini cream and stir. Let the soup simmer for about 6-8 minutes.
- Finally, add dry pasta of choice and let the soup simmer for about 8-10 minutes or until the pasta is al-dente (check the package instructions). Stir frequently! If the soup is too thick either add more veggie broth or plant-based milk! Taste and adjust seasoning. You will most likely need to add more salt!
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.
Visit https://www.elavegan.com to know more about Ela and her amazing recipes.