- 100 g Giant Couscous or any kind of couscous
- 1 Vegetable Bouillon Cube
- 1 tbsp Mild Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion diced
- 1 tsp Coconut Sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1/2 Courgette chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 400 g Chickpeas drained and rinsed
To serve (optional)
- 1 tbsp Garlic-infused Olive Oil or plain olive oil
- Coriander Leaves roughly chopped
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the stock cube and couscous and cook until al dente, for 10-12 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water then set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil on a low-medium heat and sauté the onion for 2 minutes until softened. Add the sugar and balsamic vinegar. Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, red pepper and courgette. Fry for 10 minutes on a medium heat, until the vegetables are cooked. Add a little more olive oil or a splash of water if the pan gets dry.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked cous cous, the turmeric, chickpeas and stir in the fried vegetables. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, drizzle with some extra olive oil (garlic-infused preferably!) and some fresh coriander.