- 1 Eggplant cut into rounds and halved
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Cayenne use less or more
- 1 can Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 Serrano Pepper optional
- Curry Leaves optional
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Lime to serve
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet, add the eggplant and sprinkle salt.
- Add the ground turmeric, ground coriander, cayenne, 1/4 cup water and stir fry on medium heat until the eggplant slices have wilted and somewhat crisp. I stir fried (stirring occasionally), for 20 minutes.
- Add serrano pepper and curry leaves, if using.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the coconut milk, then return to heat (low heat) and simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the garam masala, adjust the seasoning, if needed.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice just before serving with rice or any flat bread.