- 400 g Extra Firm Tofu about 14 oz
- Cornstarch as needed
- Unsweetened Plant-based Milk as needed
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- Dried Basil to taste
- Hot Sauce as needed
- Vegan Butter as needed
- Vegan Mayo
- Vegan BBQ Sauce
- Cut the tofu into sticks and put them in between paper towels. Place some weights over the tofu and let drain for about 15 min.
- Preheat oven to 220 C (425 F).
- Put the cornstarch in one bowl and the plant milk in a second bowl. Mix together panko, oil, paprika, salt, pepper and dried basil in a third bowl. Pour the crumb mixture onto a plate.
- Dip the tofu sticks first in cornstarch then in milk and then roll in crumb mix and place to lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tofu sticks. Bake in a oven for 25 mins. Flip and bake for 15 min until the tofu is crispy.
- Brush tofu sticks with hot sauce + melted vegan butter.
- Serve with your favourite plant-based dip.