- 2 packs (560 g) Tofu extra firm
- 115 ml Soy Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 5 tsp Gram Flour
- 1 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp Water
- 100 g Sesame Seeds
- Oil for shallow frying
- 1 Juice of Lime
- 3 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Water
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- First cut the tofu into small triangles about 1.5cm thick.
- Place in a shallow dish in a single layer and pour over 100ml of the soya sauce and leave to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- While the tofu is marinading make the batter by mixing together the Gram flour, garlic, nutritional yeast, 1 tbsp soya sauce and water in a small bowl until there are no lumps.
- To make the dipping sauce whisk all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Pour the sesame seeds onto a plate.
- Shake off any excess soya sauce from a piece of tofu, dip into the batter to coat, letting any excess fall back into the bowl.
- Drop the tofu onto the sesame seeds and turn to coat. Fry until golden on all sides.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve.