- 1 head Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 18 tbsp Brown Rice Flour about 1 cup and 2 tbsp
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Paprika divided
- 1/2 tsp Salt divided
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder Divided
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp White Vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 7 tbsp Water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine panko bread crumbs with 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp paprika powder. Mix then set aside.
- Next, prepare batter. Mix brown rice flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp paprika and 1/2 tsp garlic powder and then add almond milk. Stir with a whisk or fork until well combined. You want the batter thick but pourable so it can stick to the cauliflower… if it is too runny, it won’t stick.
- Once the oven is preheated, add cauliflower one at a time to the batter to coat. Shake off excess then roll into the panko bread crumbs and place on baking sheet. Easiest done with a fork! Give each piece 1 inch of room.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the orange sauce. In a sauce pan over medium heat combine orange juice, soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar, minced garlic. Mix and bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl combine 2 tsp cornstarch and 7 tbsp water. Whisk together then add to the sauce pan. Bring to simmer, and keep mixing until sauce begins to thicken slightly, then take off heat.
- Once the cauliflower has baked for 20 minutes, remove from oven. Carefully dip each cauliflower into orange sauce then place back onto baking sheet. Bake for an additional 15 minutes! Remove from oven and serve with remaining orange sauce and with rice!