- 400 g Pasta
Tahini & Chickpea Sauce
- 2/3 cup Dried Chickpeas or 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup Cauliflower chopped in small florets
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 2 Red Onion
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder or 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast optional
- 1/2 tsp Lemon or Lime Juice optional
- If you used dried chickpeas:
Wash the chickpeas and soak them in water overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours. Drain and cook them as recommend on the package in fresh water until soft. I always use my InstantPot to cook beans which makes it so much easier and faster.
- Cook the pasta as recommended on the package
- Bring water to a boil, add the cauliflower and cook for about 10 minutes until soft. Then strain and put it aside
- Peel the onions and chop them, how big or small makes no difference, they’ll be going in the blender. Heat the coconut oil in a pan, add the onions and chickpeas and fry until everything gets lightly browned. The roasted flavor really brings this sauce to the next level!
- When the pasta is al dente remove from heat and strain
- Put the cauliflower, fried onions, chickpeas, tahini, salt, pepper, yeast flakes, lemon juice and water in a blender or food processor and mix until you get a smooth and creamy sauce.
- Enjoy with the freshly cooked pasta or anything else you desire!