Mac n Cheese
- 1 package Pasta of choice
- 1 medium Potato
- 1 medium Carrot
- 1/2 cup Raw Cashews
- 1 small Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Oat Milk unsweetened, or any other unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp Tapioca Starch
- 1.5 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- Sea Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Vegan Cheddar Cheese optional
- 1.5 cups Large Coconut Chips
- 2 tbsp Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Date Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
Mac n Cheese
- Peel and roughly chop all veggies and add them and the cashews to a large pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Simmer until carrots and potatoes are very soft.
- Cook your pasta until al dente.
- Add strained veg and cashew mix to a high speed blender with about 1/2 cup of their cooking liquid. Add the rest of the ingredients (except vegan cheese if using!) and blend until completely smooth.
- Add cheese sauce back to the pot (add vegan cheese here), heat up and stir until bubbly and gooey.
- Serve with your pasta, some chopped kale, the coconut bacon and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 325 F (160 C). Mix tamari sauce, date syrup, liquid smoke and smoked paprika in a small bowl, add coconut chips and gently stir until everything is coated.
- Bake chips (make sure they are not clumped together) on a lined baking sheet for about 8 min, gently stir and put them back in the oven for another 5 mins.
- They will crisp up more when they cool down.