- 1 Onion diced
- 6 cloves Garlic diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder choose the mild one
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 1/2 cups Dried Black Beans rinsed well
- 5 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 28 oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Brown Rice rinsed well
- Set instant pot to sauté and add diced onion and garlic along with 1/4 cup water.
- Sauté for 5 minutes and hen add spices. Stir well. Turn instant pot to cancel.
- Then add black beans, rice and vegetable broth. Lock the lid on your pressure cooker and set to manual for 25 minutes, allowing the instant pot to release pressure naturally.
- When cooking is complete and pressure has been released, add crushed tomatoes and frozen roasted corn kernels. Stir well, cover and let the flavors blend and the corn warm. Enjoy! ⠀